I can easily vouch for the fact that Ekta Kapoor is a household name as her daily soaps and shows never miss the opportunity to impress people get them glued to their T.V screens! She is the only female producer to have achieved recognition not only on T.V but also on the big screen and OTT platforms. Clearly, she is a boss lady who set up an empire and is ruling it like a real queen! Ekta redefined Indian television space and garnered the love of millions for her work. Her shows have been making us cry, laugh, dance and sing for many years, and I’m sure they will continue doing so!
Here are some reasons why she’s a true boss lady-
- The Padma Shri laureate Ekta Kapoor started working at the tender age of 17 and she went to lead one of the largest TV content producers in South Asia, which literally creates content ranging from soap operas to films and reality shows. She never took a step back doubted her moves, in fact, always went ahead with an optimistic approach.
- Ekta first captured the T.V market and then branched out to produce content on the big-screen and well as OTT platforms. Her Bollywood flick ‘Love Sex Aur Dhoka’ created a stir in the industry and paved the way for new opportunities and projects. Capturing the three markets is not an easy task, but she did it and showed the world how it’s done!
- Ekta is a true visionary and knows what kind of content works well. Her T.V shows are so well curated that they often make it to the top-performing list. Be it television, films or OTT, Ekta has explored every entertainment domain and converted into a medium her creative content.
- Ekta rose to the top in a male-dominated industry and made sure to leave a mark, empower, liberate and celebrate other women through her projects. While her films The Dirty Picture, Lipstick Under My Burkha and Veere Di Wedding represented women coming into their own, she also popularized strong female narratives with shows like Kehne Ko Humsafar Hai, Dev DD, Test Case and Haq Se among others.
- Even during the Covid-19 lockdown, Ekta’s OTT platform ALTBalaji churned content that shook the local streaming market, attracted all kinds of audiences was solely responsible for creating over 800 hours of TV! Now that is a big win and surely, Ekta knows how to just keep better and bigger with each passing year.
Speaking of growing by leaps and bounds, Ekta is all set to conquer the cinema space yet again in 2021-22, as she recently announced her collaboration with Hansal Mehta and Kareena Kapoor for a thriller movie! She has an interesting lineup of films including Freddy, Goodbye and Ek Villain Returns.
Apart from the above-mentioned films, the producer is also working on a plethora of projects scheduled to release on the OTT platforms, some of them include – Cartel, The Test Case season 2, Code M season 2, Apharan season 2, Haq Se season 2, Karle Tu Bhi Mohabbat season 4, Fittrat season 2 and Hum – I am because of Us season 2. Phew! now that’s a monstrous list of projects and I cant wait to see what the boss lady has in store for us. She’s continuously amping up her content game and totally killing it, right?
The post From Television, To Cinema, To OTT Platforms, Ekta Kapoor Is Ruling It All! is copyright of MissMalini.